It's A New York Affair

Life has a great way of giving you what you need when you don't even know it...
And I needed New York badly. 
The frenetic vibe, the cold December air, all the gorgeous people rushing on 5th avenue, the frozen winter touch over Central Park... Gotta confess, I am passionately in love with this city. 
New York is like a lover you always return to because it keeps you entertained and gets your blood rushing every time you see it.
You might say I had a beautiful Christmas affair and I am about to tell you all about it. ;)
We started with a late breakfast (more like brunch) at Ellen's Stardust Diner where the waiters are wanna be Broadway actors and they put on quite a show for their guests. Talking about entertainment...  Some of them are crazy talented... The food, however was heavy and greasy, typical American. But the cheesecake is worth trying. 
Then we headed to Central Park with big ice skating plans. I could feel the fear all over my body because I haven't done this since I was 14 years old. Luckily being surrounded by lovely and supportive people was enough to gadder my courage and step on the ice skating ring. My fear was instantly replaced by pure happiness when I realized I still got the moves... 
And then I didn't wanna stop. ^_^
Once we got tired we had this fabulous idea of going to The Plaza Hotel for cocktails. So up we go... Unfortunately their lounge was only opening half an hour later so we decided to trade the fancy hotel experience for an Irish Pub with a strong and hot Irish coffee. 
After getting all warmed up we continued our journey to the exclusive Gramercy Park for some Christmas caroling. Apparently we were in the right place at the right time because this park only opens to public once a year. I suddenly felt special and extremely lucky. ^_^  
People were singing like angels next to a wonderful Christmas tree, couples were hugging lovingly and magic was floating in the air. Looking around I was thinking there are only a few things that would make this moment more perfect... 
But the day was not over...Our next stop was yet another Irish Pub we randomly found called Shades of Green.  I loved it so much because of the excessive Christmas decorations and the good vibes that dominated the place. 
We ended tour adventure with a quick visit at the Rockefeller Center (for the obvious reasons) and a slice of Ray's Pizza on the way to the hotel. 
I went to bed with my heart full of happiness and the feeling that the day was lived. 
XOXO







Comments