New Adventure, New York

I don't think there is a better way to start the new year than with a new adventure. 
I know it sounds like a cliche, but New York was like a dream come true and I couldn't hide my excitement... Not that I tried too much, ha ha. I was literally doing the boogie dance on top of the Rockefeller Center. 
Unfortunately, New York decided to greet me with a "lovely" rain, dark clouds and a super cold breeze... Such fun. So after wandering around Times Square and trying to picture how New Year's Eve looked like here, channeling Kevin looking at the huge Christmas tree in front of the Rockefeller Center, trying to take the perfect photo of the Empire State Building, passing by the New York Public Library and picturing Carrie's first wedding attempt with Mr. Big... we were pretty much freezing so we decided to call it a day and go for lunch, coffee and shopping, of course. 
A lovely girl recently asked me what are my favorite shops in the cities I am visiting? So to answer that question, here are my currently first five options in New York.
1. Macy's. This might also be a cliche, however, during Sales/ Clearance (and not only), this place is addictive.( Nordstorm as well). I can easily spend an entire day here. The one on 34th Street is the world's largest store, so you can imagine, I felt like a kid in a candy shop. We didn't even have to go out for food because we discovered this stylish Italian restaurant on the sixth floor of MacStella 34 Trattoria and we were quite happy.  
2. Urban Outfitters. Now this is an "old" love of mine. I can get lost in this store too, just looking through the variety of clothes, accessories, books, home stuff, cute gadgets... I feel like everything has a certain vibe, a touch of originality, an authentic look....
3. American Eagle. Every time I shop here I feel like I am getting ready for some kind of festival... I always end up with some bohemian outfit or creative accessories.
4. Talking about addictions, don't get me started about Victoria's Secret... I should not be left there unsupervised.
5. Adidas. Simply because I like some brands more than others and I look for them almost in all the cities I visit. Plus, New York has the largest Adidas shop I've seen so far... Candy shop I tell you. Or if you want more options and a cheaper price, you can always go for Foot Locker.  ;)
I am sure I didn't tell you anything new or exciting, but my trip was short and the weather not friendly. Next time on my list: Brooklyn Bridge, Broadway play and shopping in Soho. Until then, I wish you all a great week ahead.
Warm hugs and good vibes all the way. 

Comments

  1. That " lovely girl " is MEEEEEE :). I was so pleased to find that you " took my advice " and wrote this article. You know how us girls love everything related to fashion/shopping.
    By the way, thank you for the kind words, they sure made my day :)
    About the article, I enjoyed reading it, i like because it is concise and that is " seasoned " with amazing photos. I just looove watching photos, especially travel photos! So keep up the good work ( I don't know if I told you before but I really like the way you write....it's simple and fun- a pleasure reading you ).You should write more often!
    Simona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My lovely Simona, thank you so much for the feedback. With my next trip to NY I will update the "store list". I would love to write more often, but time management is a bit tricky... You shall read about this at some point, I promise.
      Hugs

      Delete

Post a Comment