The Blonde vs. The Kitchen: Sour Cherry Pie

I only bake on special occasions or if I am in a really good mood. This time both reasons came together and the result was a happy-go-lucky blonde who decided to practice her talent in the kitchen. Ha ha, don't worry I didn't burn the house... or anything else for that matter. :P
I like easy recipes, fresh fruits and the pastry scent my home gets after baking.... So a sour cherry pie seemed like the perfect choice for the summer days. 
Of course I called the expert (my mom) for assistance and then I had to send her pictures so she would believe that I actually baked. ^_^  But enough babbling, let's start baking. 

Here's what you need:
  • delicious sour cherries (or any other fruits of your choice)
  • 4 eggs
  • 4 table spoons of flour
  • 8 table spoons of sugar
  • 1/2 tea spoon of baking soda
Let the magic begin:
  • Preheat the oven at 180°C
  • Separate the eggs (the white from the yolk).
  • Beat the egg whites with 4 tsp of sugar and the yolks with the rest of the sugar. 
  • Combine the two mixtures and add the flour + baking soda.
  • Poor into a tin and arrange the fruits on top.  
  • Bake for 30 minutes
  • Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin.
The pie was absolutely delicious, I think it's safe to call me Super Blonde Baker from now on.  ^_^ 

Have a great week ahead, lovely people!

Comments