I only bake on special occasions or if I am in a really good mood. This time both reasons came together and the result was a happy-go-lucky blonde who decided to practice her talent in the kitchen. Ha ha, don't worry I didn't burn the house... or anything else for that matter. :P
I like easy recipes, fresh fruits and the pastry scent my home gets after baking.... So a sour cherry pie seemed like the perfect choice for the summer days.
Of course I called the expert (my mom) for assistance and then I had to send her pictures so she would believe that I actually baked. ^_^ But enough babbling, let's start baking.
Here's what you need:
- delicious sour cherries (or any other fruits of your choice)
- 4 eggs
- 4 table spoons of flour
- 8 table spoons of sugar
- 1/2 tea spoon of baking soda
- Preheat the oven at 180°C
- Separate the eggs (the white from the yolk).
- Beat the egg whites with 4 tsp of sugar and the yolks with the rest of the sugar.
- Combine the two mixtures and add the flour + baking soda.
- Poor into a tin and arrange the fruits on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin.
The pie was absolutely delicious, I think it's safe to call me Super Blonde Baker from now on. ^_^
Have a great week ahead, lovely people!