A friend in need...

Whoever said A friend in need is a friend indeed was quite right.
A long time ago, one of my dearest friends told me: True friends will stay in your life forever. If not, it means you were never real friends. This might not seem like a sophisticated philosophy, but the phrase hunted me for years.
Why I am remembering this? Because there are moments in life when you find out who your real friends are, who really cares about you. People will surprise you... not all of them in a good way. The trick is to see who was there when you needed them the most. You might not find yourselves  in the same place at the same time, but a kind word, a good advise,  the thought that you are loved will always help. In some cases their silent presence can be more powerful than a million words...
As you might guess, friends are a very important part of my life and I recently discovered I am surrounded by so many lovely people. And for this am very grateful! ^_^

Comments