Philippines Diary: When in Manila...

A while ago someone told me day ago that I should write about my trip as I still have it fresh in my memory. The thing is, this amazing adventure will follow me long time from now. I can honestly say it was the best vacation so far. So if you will ask me about it in a couple of months I will probably still have something new and exciting to share with you.
They say home is where your heart is and it must be true, because Manila was my Asian home for a short while... Leaving it was hard, for countless reasons. It's funny how I felt at home on the other side of the world, in a place with such a different culture and lifestyle.

The first thing you should know is that Filipino people are absolutely lovely. I was impressed by the kindness and joy they all showed me. Rich or poor, everybody has a sincere smile on their faces.
To be honest, I haven't seen much of the capital because we spent most of the time at the mall (only because everything you could possibly want was there, from fancy restaurants to a small forest) or traveling to Boracay and Palawan. We also visited Intramuros, which is the oldest district and historic core of the City of Manila. This was the seat of government when the Philippines were a component realm  of the Spanish Empire. I was very exited, the place was full of history and amazing tales, some might say the old walls are hunted. The bonus was that I got to travel in a fancy carriage, while our nice guide was telling us all about Filipino history. I felt like a princess... and yes, I am bragging about it. ^_^

The other day I was asked if I've learned to speak Filipino? Not really, but I do know two words: Slamat which means Thank you and Mahal kita which means I love you. What else there is to know?

The time I spent in the Philippines was wonderful and I have my better half to thank for this. ^_^ I am sure there are many other things to be discovered so I'm looking forward to return...

Comments