Philippines Diary: Fly to Boracay

When my better half asked me what I want to do in the Philippines, the first thing  that came into my mind was Boracay. I was craving for the beach and I wanted so badly to swim into the ocean so this seemed like the perfect choice... And in truly was!

The first thing you should know about the famous island is that it might be a little tricky to get there.  From Manila we flew for about one hour and landed on Kalibo Airport. Here the fun begins. We took a minibus (1 hour and 30 minutes) to the Caticlan Jetty Port, where boats were stationed to carry us to the island. And the fun continued with a nice ride on the colorful tricycle. Believe it or not, I really liked the tricycle. ^_^
I usually don't give you details about the accommodation when I travel... Unless it's really awesome and, of course, this is the case. So we stayed here, in this charming bungalow close to Diniwid Beach. It was definitely something different and invigorating, the authentic filipino experience.
To be honest, the first night we spent here was a bit of an adventure, because the cute little bamboo house is located in the middle of a beautiful tropical garden and we had all kind of pets visiting us (and by pets I mean a bird, a family of geckos, a tiny black cat, a snail and some butterflies). But we got used to our new friends and it was actually very fun. Getting in touch with nature was all part of the experience.
All in all, everything was absolutely lovely. Notice the princess bed? That was my favorite spot in the house. My second favorite thing was finding fresh flowers on the table every day when we returned from the beach. Made my day!

To be continued...




Comments