Good Read: 50 Rules for Dads of Daughters

From time to time I find an extremely enjoyable reading that impresses me and stays in my mind for a long time... In some cases it's a book or an article... or sometimes just a quote...
Today I found this great article: 50 Rules for Dads of Daughters by Michael Mitchell and I thought I should share it with you.
Why was I so impressed?...
Well, you know what they say: I am my father's daughter! :D

Here are some ideas I particularly liked:

"Save the day. She’ll grow up looking for a hero. It might as well be you. She’ll need you to come through for her over and over again throughout her life. Rise to the occasion. Red cape and blue tights optional.
"She will fight with her mother. Choose sides wisely."
 "Go ahead. Buy her those pearls."
 "It’s never too early to start teaching her about money. She will still probably suck you dry as a teenager… and on her wedding day."
"Letting her ride on your shoulders is pure magic. Do it now while you have a strong back and she’s still tiny."
"Few things in life are more comforting to a crying little girl than her father’s hand. Never forget this."
"Holding her upside down by the legs while she giggles and screams uncontrollably is great for your biceps. WARNING: She has no concept of muscle fatigue."
"Let her know she can always come home. No matter what."
 "Ice cream covers over a multitude of sins. Know her favorite flavor."

You can find the original post here.

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Beautiful and meaningful writing.
    Hugs from New York,
    xx
    Ask Erena
    http://askerena.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment