What Have I Been Up To

You know how some people draw a line at the end of the year, look back and
write down all the things (they think) they accomplished?
I am about to do that... in the middle of August.
Not that anyone asked, buy let's see what have I been up to since last autumn...

After a long time, a little fortune spent and tons of stress,  I finally got my driver's license in Dubai.  I know for some of you with better skills in the area this is something trivial, but for me it meant the world at the time. So with the driving license in my hand I bought a cute, little car which reinforced my strong, independent woman status... Hooraaay, I don't need Uber anymore! 
But as a wise man once said (and by that I mean my ex-boyfriend): You got car, you got problems.
And damn it, he was right! :)) It has been a fun ride ever since...

Now let's spice things up a notch...
Somewhere at the beginning of December I enrolled on a new journey by signing up for the AFF course in skydiving. Yep, you read that one right. ;)
With little to no idea of what I was getting myself into and no particular plan what so ever... a bit over two months later I got my USPA license and officially became a skydiver
From the bottom of my heart I will say:
it was one of the happiest and proudest moments so far.
With currently 48 jumps in my logbook the adventure continues and along the way I met some truly incredible people who shared with me not only the blue sky but their time, support, knowledge and craziness. For that and much more I am beyond grateful! ^_^

March came with a little break from the shiny, busy Dubai life when I decided to fly on the other side of the world and bond with some of the most amazing humans I know. 
Hello Hawaii and San Francisco!!! 
The time I spent there brought a lot of bliss and joy to my life... So much joy and love that I didn't wanna leave any of the places. Can't tell wait to go back!

Bare with me, I am almost done after I tell you how I: 
  • Went for a midnight swim into the Pacific Ocean in Matarangi, New Zealand;
  • Got the chance to drink my coffee in the Red Square, Moscow, Russia;
  • Played kimono dress up and walked around the temple in Narita, Japan
  • Took my first pole dancing class in Cape Town, South Africa (have I ever told you I am a terrible dancer?);
  • Jumped out of an airplane in Voss, Norway with my very own Captain America... And then again in Kapowsin, Washington;
  • Almost did paragliding in the Swiss Alps (weather was not my friend that day) 
  • Enjoyed a glass of Negron Sbagliato and some pasta at sunset, with a view over Lake Como, Italy;
  • Had countless silly, delicious morning conversations with my bestie in Frankfur, Germany and it makes me so  damn happy that I get to see her quite often even though we live 6.360,4 km apart (yes, she Googled it).
All this while traveling around the world and changing countries as I change my socks,
 pushing my jet lag to its limits, trying to stay healthy and relatively sane with some yoga and maintaining debatably normal social and dating life...

And then there are (a lot of) days when I sleep for fourteen hours straight, sit in bed all with coffee and peanut butter sandwiches, watch Netflix, spend way too much time on Instagram
 and write posts like this... I call it balance :))

Until next time
sunny smiles and kisses!












Comments