Super Blonde Puff Goes Skydiving

It all started on a hot summer night while having drinks with two wonderful people... 
Isn't that how all great stories begin? ^_^
 All fun and games until a very dear someone said: 
I have a friend who is going skydiving tomorrow, wanna join? 
Three glasses of rose wine + my natural enthusiasm made me say: Let's do this!!! And so we did... 
The next day we woke up crazy early and headed to Skydive Dubai. 
I particularly remember the taxi drive and the amount of feelings rolling inside me (or was that the wine?)... I was slightly scared, super sleepy, but definitely excited... Only to get there and find out that I might not actually get to jump because I didn't have a booking... 
"Ummm, fair enough!" I thought to myself.
So I wrote my name on a I was drunk last night when I decided to jump out of an airplane list and waited patiently to see if I would get lucky. 
Guess what? My luck was nowhere to be found, ha ha!
So a couple of hours later we decided to abort mission and go for breakfast. 
Now now, don't be disappointed... I wasn't (too much)...  
Let's focus on the bright side. I met some truly inspiring people, saw some professional skydivers work their magic and got a free airplane ride above The Palm. 

But the story doesn't end here... Obviously :P 

Two days later on another hot summer night I was sitting in front of my laptop with a glass of wine in my hand and booked my first tandem jump
(Just fyi, it's only a coincidence that the magical grape juice was involved again.) 
As we know, my babbling capabilities are infinite, so I will fast forward to the actual event... Which was postponed one more day due to weather conditions... Bummer!!!
But patience is one of my superpowers so when the day actually arrived, I enjoyed it even more. 
The night before however... was a totally different story...
I had close to zero sleep because I was too busy making over 1000 scenarios about what could go wrong the next day... And nothing about the parachute not opening... No no, that was out of the question. My fear was related to my own body and mind and the way I could react. 
What if I cry? What if I get sick? What if I panic, I grab the door and refuse to jump?... 
and 999 more... 
But by morning all was forgotten and from the moment I heard them calling my name for the safety briefing I could hardly stand still for another moment. 
So here we are in this tiny noisy airplane with the door open... I have no memory of feeling any terror (or I blocked it on purpose :D)... Just pure excitement.
I also don't remember if Hannah (the professional skydiver I was attached to) counted up to 3 before jumping... The only thing I know I was out of the airplane and free falling... Trying to maintain a proper body posture while blowing kisses... ^_^
And it was BEYOND AMAZING!!!
Definitely like nothing I have experienced before... Three weeks later I still cannot find the proper words to describe the feeling... You just gotta live it so you can understand. 
Somewhere deep down in my heart I knew I was gonna love it... Just didn't expect to love it this much. I was hooked!

Now since you barred with me until the finish line (Congratulations btw!) I will share with you two things I learned from this adventure:
1. It's true what they say: The best things in life are on the other side of fear
Not my clever words, I think Will Smith said it here but I couldn't agree more
2. If you really want to do something, don't wait for anyone to come with you.
People have different goals, different priorities, they might change their mind or find excuses and you will end up missing a great experience... Some things you just have to do them on your own.
I was lucky enough to share this moment with one of my best friends and I am grateful for that
But truth be told... I wanted it so badly, I would have done it anyway.
And of course I saved the best for The End
Curious? Check THIS out ;)


Comments