One year ago...


It was about one year ago when my life as I knew it started to change... At some point I woke up kind of alone in some situations and I had to adapt. I was very aware that the year to come will be a hard one, but I was determined to deal with the changes in an elegant manner... I even made a plan. 
I had all these ideas in my head and there were so many things I wanted to accomplish... I remember planning to learn French or maybe Portuguese, take some courses, learn how to play tennis, discover some hidden talents, find my creativity, try to be more productive, eat more healthy, exercise more, try new things as often as possible... And, very important, I had about one year to do all this. So far it seems like a good plan, right? I thought so too...

So the "deadline" is almost near and I find myself sitting in bed at 2 AM thinking: What have I done for the past 10 or 11 months?
Now you probably think that I failed successfully and this is why I am sleepless at this hour... That's cute, but it's wrong! :D
I do have to admit that I didn't learn any Portuguese and I am still struggling to remember the French I learned in high school. I didn't take any courses and I am still not a tennis player. My creativity kicks in from time to time and I am pretty sure very soon (hopefully) I will find my hidden talent. 
I did however managed to eat healthier and doing yoga was one the best decisions I have ever made. I can also say this is one of the new things I tried, so I can check that of my list. 

But my biggest achievement is being patient. I know it doesn't sound like much to you, but I recently discovered that someone who is a master of patience is a master of everything else.  
Over the past months I leaned to live in the moment, make peace with the past and stop worrying about the future. Right now is the most important time. I also managed to meet and spend time with some remarkable people. They inspired me, offered me advice and support and brought me that positive energy I needed so much. 

So whatever happened over this past year, I am thankful for where it brought me. It's probably exactly where I am supposed to be. From where I stand now, this has been a pretty great year. 


Good night!

P.S. The picture was taken by my friend Andra... about one year ago :)


Comments